Special notice: Coronavirus (covid-19)
Last updated: 16th August 2023
This page is designed to provide information on the measures that La Crisalida Retreats is taking regarding COVID-19. We also include information about regulations in Spain, as they apply to the Retreat.
Regional governments are responsible for health care in Spain; the retreat is in the Valencian Community. Mask wearing is no longer compulsory, except in health care settings, pharmacies and on public transport (including taxis).
Travelling to Spain
For residents of EU member states you do not currently need any tests or vaccination certificate to enter Spain.
This also applies for travellers from outside the EU, however we recommend checking the Spanish Government health webpage, as it is regularly updated: Ministerio de Sanidad – Professionals – Travel and COVID-19
We also recommend that you check with your national health body or government for travel advice, in case you may have local travel restrictions, for example when leaving or returning home.
Health and safety measures
The health and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority, so we have a number practical measures to give you added peace of mind, whilst still offering you the same relaxing and rejuvenating La Crisalida retreat experience. These include:
On arrival at the airport
Working with our airport transfer provider to ensure social distancing measures are in place. It is still a requirement in Spain to wear face masks whilst travelling on public or in shared transport, so you need to bring a facemask with you for your transfer to the retreat.
At the retreat
We have made a number of changes around the retreat and to our processes, in line with local and national guidelines, including:
- Expanded health questionnaire and consent form on arrival at the retreat for all guests.
- You must show your photo ID at check-in
- Sanitising gel in communal areas, including one at the entrance to the retreat for use each time you come in or go out.
- Air purifiers in communal areas (hospital grade filters).
- A carefully planned activity schedule offering the full range of activities on a staggered basis where necessary.
- Yoga equipment will be given to you upon arrival for your personal use during your stay at the retreat. You will need to bring your equipment to the activity. Rebounders will be sanitised after each use. Additional sanitising gel and paper towels will be available for use in the activity room. It is your responsibility to return all of the equipment before you leave the retreat.
- The buffet is now self-service (covered). Hand sanitser is available and we ask that you sanitise your hands first. Menus are displayed in the dining room, behind glass, and a limited number of juice supplements will be available upon request.
- Teas are available in the dining room – you are welcome to take teabags to your room to make your own drinks (kettles are available in your apartment).
- We’ve made changes to the layout of the twin-share apartments, to ensure social distancing. We have created two individual sleeping areas with personal seating within the large apartment. There is a smaller shared lounge area, as well as the shared kitchen and bathroom. This gives you more personal space whilst still enjoying the good value price of a twin-share apartment.
- Four-share apartments are available. If you choose a multi-share apartment you will be considered a household unit.
- Changes to cleaning of guest apartments, to reduce contact between cleaning team and guests. Sanitising product will be supplied in every apartment for use if you choose. Disinfectant is used to clean the rooms in between guests.
- Masks will be available at reception to purchase if you forget yours or need another.
- All staff are trained on what to do in the case of an infection being identified and we have clear procedures in place to look after you.
- The infra-red sauna is open, for single use (or household use) only.
- La Crisalida water bottles are available to purchase – the free bottles we used to provide have been removed.
- Apartment keys will be disinfected between guests.
This list shows many of the measures in place ready for our guests. We think that these safety measures will help you to feel reassured, but should not impact upon your ability to relax, rest and rejuvenate.
As standard, you must take out travel insurance at the time of booking, and check with your insurance company regarding details of cover.
If you have any questions on the above or anything else that you would like to know, please feel free to contact us.
Activities, meals, juices, accommodation and airport transfers (flights not included)
Arrive and depart on any day of the week
Stay as long as you want at La Crisalida Retreats