On arrival at the airport
Working with our airport transfer provider to ensure social distancing measures are in place. It is a requirement in Spain to wear face masks whilst travelling on public or in shared transport, so you need to bring a facemask with you for your transfer to the retreat.
At the retreat
We have made a number of changes around the retreat and to our processes, in line with local and national guidelines, including:
- Expanded health questionnaire and consent form on arrival at the retreat for all guests. If possible, we kindly request that you bring a copy of your ID document (passport, identify card etc) with you, to reduce contact and speed up check-in.
- Sanitising gel in communal areas, including one at the entrance to the retreat for use each time you come in or go out.
- A carefully planned activity schedule offering the full range of activities on a staggered basis where necessary. (Pre-booking may be required during busy times). A maximum number of guests is permitted for the indoor activity studio and outdoor yoga terrace.
- Equipment for the activities will be given to you upon arrival, so you can have your own yoga mat and equipment for your time at the retreat. You will need to bring your equipment to the activity. Rebounders will be sanitised after each use. Additional sanitising gel and paper towels will be available for use in the activity room. It is your responsibility to return all of the equipment before you leave the retreat.
- The buffet will be served by our staff at meal-times. You can still choose to eat or juice but there will be a different way to do this. Menus will be displayed in the dining room, behind glass, and a limited number of juice supplements will be available upon request.
- Changes to reception and dining areas, to open up the space, improve guest movement around the area and to ensure social distancing. This includes screens at reception and by the buffet area. Dining areas are suitable for socially distant dining. You are welcome to sit in any of the indoor or outdoor areas to dine, or to take the food to your apartment if you prefer.
- When going outside the retreat into the town, you will need to wear a face mask, as this is now required in the Valencian region. You will need to take a face mask on the walks, if social distancing is not possible (1.5 metres). Face masks are not currently required during exercising, around the pool or whilst eating, however regulations state they must be worn when moving around indoors, for example in restaurants and dining room. We strongly encourage you to maintain social distancing around the retreat.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures are in place in all communal areas.
- We’ve made changes to the layout of the twin-share apartments, to ensure social distancing. We have created two individual sleeping areas with personal seating within the large apartment. There is a smaller shared lounge area, as well as the shared kitchen and bathroom. This gives you more personal space whilst still enjoying the good value price of a twin-share apartment.
- Four-share apartments are available for a group travelling together. If you choose a multi-share apartment we have made changes to separate the beds to ensure social distancing. Currently we are unable to offer multi-share for people travelling independently.
- Changes to cleaning of guest apartments, to reduce contact between cleaning team and guests. Sanitising product will be supplied in every apartment for use if you choose. Disinfectant is used to clean the rooms in between guests.
- Staff will wear face masks or visors when social distancing cannot be maintained or when appropriate, for example during the tour of the retreat or when we show you to your room. This is for your safety and the safety of our staff. Masks will be available at reception to purchase if you forget yours or need another.
- All staff are trained on what to do in the case of an infection being identified and we have clear procedures in place to look after you.
- The infra-red sauna has been allowed to open, for single use only (and disinfected between guests).
- Special measures have been taken for the pools and the sunbeds will be cleaned regularly. We ask that guests wipe down their sunbed after use, gel and paper will be available to do so.
- La Crisalida water bottles are available to purchase – the free bottles we used to provide have been removed.
- Bottled water will still be available in your room, if you need more please ask one of the staff. Tea bags will be available from the dining room to take to your room. Communal water coolers are available, and we will be sanitising them regularly throughout the day.
- Materials have been removed from the room such as the information pack. This information will be made available another way and you can always ask reception.
- Apartment keys will be disinfected between guests and we request that you keep your key with you during your stay (for example, during walks reception will not hold your keys).
- If you choose to go into a local supermarket you are obligated to wear gloves – most supermarkets will provide these at the entrance. You must bring your own mask.
This list is not exhaustive but shows many of the measures in place ready for our guests. We think that these safety measures will help you to feel reassured, but should not impact upon your ability to relax, rest and rejuvenate.
Before you leave home
A few days before you leave home to come to the retreat we’ll provide you with some suggestions of what to bring with you, such as packing your own mini sanitising gel and mask for when you’re on the move.
As standard, we recommend you take out travel insurance at the time of booking, and check with your insurance company regarding details of cover.
Peace of mind for your booking
Take advantage of our flexible booking conditions. Our special flexible booking terms have been in place for some time now and we will continue to offer them until further notice during these uncertain times. For bookings made after 16th April 2020, until further notice, we will waive the amendment fee once if you need to change the date of your retreat. We have reduced the period in which you need to make full payment to 7 days and introduced a set amount for your deposit of 75€ per person (usually 10% or 75€). (Please note special offers might different terms). See more on our terms and conditions page, or contact us here at the retreat.
If you have any questions on the above or anything else that you would like to know, please feel free to contact us.
Activities, meals, juices, accommodation and airport transfers (flights not included)
Arrive and depart on any day of the week
Stay as long as you want at La Crisalida Retreats