Juicing: Happy Berry!
Carrying on our berry theme for June, here is the recipe for one of our lovely lunch time juices, Happy Berry:
- 2 green apples (like Golden Delicious)
- 1/3 cucumber (or one small Spanish cucumber called a pepino)
- 1/3 large red bell pepper
- 2cm slice lemon (if unwaxed leave the rind on, if waxed peel the outer skin away)
- Handful frozen berries (eg strawberries)
Juice the apples, cucumber, red pepper and lemon. Add the liquid to a blender then add the frozen berries. Blitz for 30 seconds. Then pour and enjoy!
Using frozen berries means the juice is cooler, making it even more refreshing on a hot summer day! At only 168 calories, this is a bright joyful juice and one to treat yourself with. Kids will love it.
About the author
- Lisa is one of the founders of La Crisalida Retreats. She is an Epidemiologist, therapeutic hatha and yin yoga teacher and also teaches mindfulness meditation. Lisa has studied NLP and hypnosis, as well as nutrition (she designs the menus).