Recipe: Millet Burgers
1 cup of millet
½ cup grated carrots
¼ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ sweet corn
1 tsp curry powder (or other herb or spice of your choice)
1 tsp soya or tamari sauce
1. Toast the millet in a pan, until it starts to change colour and you can smell it (smells like popcorn!).
2. Then cook the millet. Bring 2½ cups of water to a boil and add the millet when the water is boiling. Cover the pot, turn flame down and simmer for about 25 minutes. Let it cool down completely.
3. Preheat the oven and continue with the rest. When the millet is cold, place it in a bowl and mash it with your hands until the grains get all mashed. Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix it all together.
4. Take 2 tbsp of the mix and shape them into a small ball with your hands. Flatten it carefully turning it into a burger shape. Keep doing this until you run out of the mix
5. Place grease proof paper on a baking dish and put your patties on top. Bake them on 180 ºc for 12 minutes each side
About the author
- Lisa is one of the founders of La Crisalida Retreats. She is an Epidemiologist, therapeutic hatha and yin yoga teacher and also teaches mindfulness meditation. Lisa has studied NLP and hypnosis, as well as nutrition (she designs the menus).